While it’s true there’s no clear cut way to make “easy money” online, it is possible to make substantial earnings through the internet, and for those that remain dedicated long enough may even be able to leave their 9-5. But don’t resign just yet, this can take one to two years or more! Let’s check out 10 of the most popular, efficient ways to legitimately make money online.
1. Article Writing – This one should look relatively familiar. Writing articles online is really an endless world of opportunities, and while it can seem intimidating to find direction in this market, there are alternatives and solutions to get started. First, consider exploring and even working part-time or temporarily for a site like UpWork. It’s not hard to register, and should slowly expose you to the world of online ‘independent contractor’ work through writing website content, such as articles. If it doesn’t seem to you, or you want to explore more then check out website contractor work platforms like FIVERR – another great place to familiarize yourself with article-writing gigs, how to learn the prices, and the quality that demands them per the current market.
2. Blogging (Sell Adspace)– Many people might confuse this with article-writing, though, they’re not necessarily so different. In fact, many of the articles you write online and sell will wind up on someone’s blog – like a WordPress. On the flipside, consider opening up your own blog and using a service like WordPress to maximize functionality, developmental convenience, and to kick off potential profits sooner than later. Once you develop an even semi-popular blog, by picking a popular topic that perhaps others don’t cover, or can’t cover in the same style as you, then it’s time to branch out, and consider investing in “ad space”. Selling AdSpace or using services like Google AdWords can make you profit simply by people visiting your blog, clicking, or buying products through the links you post on your blog!
3. Call Center – A lot of people might underestimate this type of opportunity, and for good reason. While there’s definitely a large share of fake call center jobs on the internet, places like UpWork as mentioned previously do indeed have legitimate jobs like this. Also, if you live in the United States companies verifiably have openings for at-home or “remote” positions where you can work for businesses like Apple or Xerox from the convenience of your home. Adequate research is a must, consider feedback from others, and check out sources like Glassdoor or Yelp to review the validity and reputation of each prospective company you consider.
4. Customer Service At-Home – Much like the call-center jobs and gigs mentioned above, temporary, part-time, and contract work as a customer service agent is considerably plentiful on the internet. It really comes down to going with the right company or using the right source website or business that has a positive reputation for connecting prospective employees to employers. On a very important side note, though, avoid services or ‘middleman’ services and websites like this that charge any type of ‘fees’, as there are plenty of legitimate ones online and off that don’t.
5. Fiverr – As briefly mentioned above, Fiverr is an awesome place to start for those new to the online working class, and actually has many more job opportunities than just blogging or writing articles. There’s nearly any task you can think of on this site, and making $5 could be as simple as doing a 30-second recording session for a business advertisement.
6. Transcriptionists and Translators– While slightly unrelated, there are a substantial amount of both independent contractor translator and transcriptionist jobs available throughout the internet. The hiring employers or companies may range from various companies, and an at-home reliable computer, microphone, and sometimes specialized software should be expected as necessary.
7. Buy and Sell items online (“flipping”) – Whether you’re best at selling items on Ebay and Amazon, or think you’re up to the task of (safely) buying and reselling items off of Craigslist for a profit – the internet is your ‘oyster’. But seriously, there are tons of ways to make money selling items online, and you might be surprised with how valuable or even worth a few bucks things around your house are worth that you might no longer use or at least willing to part with. While it’s no easy task to “buy low sell high” off of any of the sites, especially considering the competitiveness of major resellers like Amazon and Ebay, if you put your mind to it anything is possible – and don’t be afraid to do your share of research, review tutorial videos, and other available resource materials online to make the most of your time and efforts.
8. Contract Programming – Are you good at IT-work, into software engineering, or have a willingness and quick learning ability to study and practice computer programming? Then read on! Studying, learning, and practicing fixing and writing code and programs in major computer languages such as Java, C, C#, C++, or Python can be extremely profitable, and you never know, you might land a contract job to design the world’s next most popular and successful app!
9. Contract Website Design – Whether it’s graphics, CSS specialty, HTML, or other forms of image management, from advertising and marketing to coding, there are endless legitimate resources on the internet for picking up contract website design work. Elance is one good example, as is DigitalPoint, and several other major success and well know websites that specialize in advertising such jobs. As always, research and due diligence before agreeing to work are critical, but you may be surprised to how much money you can make off of something you enjoy doing best- website designing and maybe even management one day or a Webmaster gig!
10. Freelance Website Marketing and SEO Specialty – As we briefly touched on above, although last but by no means least, becoming an independent contractor (or contracted and salary) Freelance Website Marketer or SEO specialist can make you a really good income, easily allowing you to live off of, and perhaps buy that car you’ve always wanted. But seriously, those that have experience, learn the ropes, and know what they’re doing can do quite well for themselves, and this is a considerably – in comparison to others –rather consistent and profitable direction to go for working and making money online.
Passive income: A regular job can give you a fixed income as long as you continue to work. Depending on your marketing skill Affiliate marketing can create a steady flow of income even when you are not in front of your computer.
Work from home: If you make enough money then you don’t have to worry about going to work at the same time everyday or getting stuck in traffic. You can work in the comfort of your own home.